The Advantages of Laser Surgery for Pets
We Care Animal Hospital offers laser surgery for all surgical procedures for pets and large animals. Unlike traditional surgical methods, laser surgery offers the following benefits:
- Reduced Pain — Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light, which seals the nerve endings so there is very little pain when your pet wakes up.
- Less Bleeding — The blood vessels are sealed by the laser as they cut, so there is usually no need for bandaging after surgery.
- Decreased Swelling — Using a laser seals the lymph vessels in the skin, which nearly eliminates any swelling after surgery.
- A "No Touch" Surgical Technique — Lasers cut without touching any tissue, which eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard techniques.
- Faster Recovery — Less bleeding, less pain, and less swelling means that pets undergoing laser surgery generally recover faster with fewer side effects.
To enhance the safety and recovery of your pet, all surgeries at We Care Animal Hospital are performed with a surgical laser.